TRIO: THE RESPONSIBILITY IS OURS will launch on 31st January at our United Service (10am) and is all about the future of our church community. Every church member is asked to take their share of the responsibility for ensuring that our church can continue as a thriving outward looking church that welcomes new members and can demonstrate that it is serious about its mission to Love, Grow and Serve.
What is this responsibility? In a nutshell it is to make sure that our church has enough resources to carry out our mission. These resources: time and money, have to come from us, the church members.
- Sunday 31 January 10.00 am – Launch with special presentation
- Monday 1st February 8.00pm– Follow up presentation and a chance to ask questions
- Early February – Everyone gets an information pack
- Friday February 19th – Everyone is asked to make a response by this date
Every church member will have a “TRIO Contact” to guide them through and answer questions. The contacts have been fully briefed and are there to help.
The TRIO campaign asks us to review:
- The time we give to service: helping with worship and all our various activities and the practical tasks that need to be done every day, every week, every month.
- The money we give to support the church financially: as a church community we must pay for our running costs and the maintenance of our church, grounds and hall.
The TRIO presentation and the information in the packs for each church member will give you a wealth of information about the church finances: What we spend the money on and the areas where we could to do more if we had more funds. It also discusses how best to contribute and the various methods by which you can give.