We’re so excited about the Church Weekend Away in November 2018 and hopefully we’ll be able to answer any questions you’ve got about it here. If we’ve missed anything or you’re not sure, just get in touch and we’ll do our best to help you.
explore who God is calling us to be, both as individuals and as a church family. There will be a programme published later in the year outlining more detail. However, the following will be included, and you can choose how much you want to attend.
1) A time to relax and have fun: have a coffee with some new or old friends in the conservatory or a drink at the bar in the evening, walk round the grounds or have a go on the fitness trail, play pool or table football, join in the activities on Saturday evening, linger over lunch getting to know folk better or go for a ramble on the Saturday afternoon.
2) Teaching: there will be several teaching sessions throughout the weekend, details of which will be published later in the year.
3) Acts of worship – A chance to engage with God and worship Him as we discover more about who he is calling Sunnyside to be.
4) Prayer – there will be a prayer room where you can go for inspiration, reflection and quiet, and prayer ministry will be available too.
5) Spiritual direction – you can book a session with our external spiritual directors on the Saturday.
For children aged 5- 16 the cost is £73.50.
Children under 5 are free.
All meals are included in this, as well as tea and coffee which are available in your room and at all times in the centre lounge. All the social activities, and sessions are included. If you’d like a drink at the bar, you’ll need to bring some cash. If you’d like to come but are worried about the cost, please speak to Rebecca in confidence.
Nearer the time we’ll publish a timetable of activities with some suggested items you may want to bring.
Inside there is a games room with table football, table tennis and pool as well as board games. The lounge area has a bar for use in the evenings. Wifi is freely available at High Leigh.
The conference centre website has further information about the facilities and you can even take a virtual tour!
1. Download and complete this booking form, or the one you were sent as an invitation.
2. Make sure that you complete all the sections, even if you believe the church office is in possession of your address and other details because the church office is not processing bookings.
3. Confirm your booking by sending this form by February 5 th .
4. Decide how you want to pay. Choose Method A or B.
A. Deposit and final payment (or pay all in full)
B. By instalments.
If paying by method A, please make it clear on the form how much you are paying when booking, whether a deposit or the full amount. This is especially important if paying by bank transfer. Please pay the deposit of £30 per adult by Feb 5 th .
If you’d like to pay by instalment the payment dates and amounts for each adult are:
March 5 th £30; May 5 th £30; July 5 th £30; and September 5 th . £45; For children aged 5-16 the amounts are 3 x £15 with a final payment of £13.50.
Even though you do not start payment until March, the booking form should be completed to meet the February 5th deadline.