Thy Kingdom Come is a global wave of prayer for more people to experience the difference Jesus makes in their lives. It began in 2016 with an invitation to pray from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York and has grown to be an international and ecumenical call to prayer.
During the 11 days of Thy Kingdom Come, we hope that everyone who takes part will
- Deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Pray for God’s spirit to work in the lives of those they know
- Come to realise that every aspect of their life is the stuff of prayer
Thy Kingdom Come begins on Ascension Day and continues until Pentecost. This year it is Thursday 30th May – Sunday 9th June.
What are we doing at Sunnyside?
Following the success of our prayer room last year, we are creating a chain of prayer day and night from midday on 30th May until midday on 9th June. Our eleven days of 24 hour prayer will be in the Breukleman Room.
How can I get involved?
- Commit to praying for five people you know to experience the difference Jesus makes in their lives. Choose one of these people and ask God to show you how you can share the love of Jesus with them in a real way
- Sign up to take part in our 24-11 prayer via this link to the on line calendar or the church office
- Come to one of our regular prayer meetings on Thursday 30th May at 8pm, Monday at 9am and both Saturdays at 8am
- Come to Messy Church on Saturday 1st June with your children so you can explore prayer as a family with the usual Messy Church fun, friendship, food and mess
- Join us at the Beacon event at St Albans Abbey on Sunday 9th June to worship and pray with people from across the region
Thy Kingdom Come is a wonderful opportunity for us to focus on praying for those we know to experience the love of Jesus. I am excited about what God will do as we respond to this call to pray!
‘Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.’ (1 Thessalonians 5.16-18)