Are your Quiet Times too quiet or occurring too rarely? Would you like to deepen and/or strengthen your relationship with the Lord? After a break of a few years, we are going to hold another Week of Accompanied Prayer in Berkhamsted – for people living here or who can travel in easily each day – from Sunday 13th – Sunday 20th October 2019.
For those who haven’t met the Week before, it is a week’s retreat held in the middle of daily life. Retreatants need to be able to commit to about half an hour’s prayer and about half an hour with their prayer-guide each day, Monday to Saturday. On the first Sunday we will have an introductory meeting in the evening; on the second Sunday we will have a closing gathering all together.
This week could be for you . . .
- No previous knowledge or experience is necessary.
- It is also possible to do either just the first half or just the second half of the Week.
- Transport can be arranged if required, and if you are housebound, the prayer guide can come to your home.
- On the application forms you are asked to indicate preferred times of meeting, either morning, afternoon or evening. Registration Forms can be downloaded HERE, found in local churches, or please contact one of the people below.
- A suggested donation is requested, from those who can afford it, to help cover costs.
Quotes from previous participants following a Week of Accompanied Prayer:
“It was a privilege to meet with a personal companion each day in a safe place. There was no pressure, simply encouragement, companionship and helpful suggestions to meet with and listen to God.”
“Finding thirty minutes of quiet amidst the chaos of family life was extremely difficult, but I’m thankful that I did because the experience has been rich and very valuable.”
“I was very uncertain about doing the week, but I am so grateful that it’s brought me closer to God and more open to receive his love.”
The Week of Accompanied Prayer is a great place and time to share your doubts, joys, questions and so on in a warm, supportive and confidential environment.
The cost is £60 per person for those who can afford it. If you would like to book a place and/or have any questions, please contact Jackie Harbron: 01442-873012 or [email protected] OR click the link to download a Registration Form