- 9:00 am
- Sunnyside Church, Ivy House Lane, Berkhamsted, HP4 2PP
Our church re-opens for worship on Sunday 26th July. Initially, we will be holding a service of Morning Prayer at 9am. There will be a sermon but no singing. There will be no Holy Communion yet though we hope to reintroduce this soon. The service will be about 40 minutes long.
Government advice continues to be that those who are shielding should stay at home until 1st August and that those who are over 70 should stay at home as much as possible. Anyone who is self-isolating because they or a member of their household have Covid-19 symptoms or have been told to self-isolate by Track and Trace should stay at home. Please bear this in mind when you are deciding whether or not you will come to public worship.
How Sunnyside will look if you come to The Nine service:
- You will be met at the porch door by someone who will take your name and a telephone number if you are a visitor. This information will be kept for 21 days and given to the Government if it is needed for Track and Trace. This information will not be used for any other reason.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser as you enter the church.
- You will then need to find a seat and must only sit with people from your household. The chairs have been arranged to allow social distancing which means that the church looks rather strange. There are 30 available.
- There will be a printed order of service on your chair. Please take this home with you to recycle as they can only be used once because of the risk of infection. We cannot use the pew Bibles because of the risk of infection so do bring your own Bible if you would like to.
- We will not be handing round the collection plates or using the tokens. There will be a plate by the entrance for you to use if you wish. The service leader will take this up and pray God’s blessing on the contents and the money given through direct debits.
- At the end of the service, you will be invited to leave via the West Door as we need to create a one way system. Please use hand sanitiser provided on the way out.
- The accessible loo in the Lobby will be available if needed.
Check our Latest News page for weekly information about our Sunday and Wednesday morning services.
Alternatively, click on the link below to subscribe to our Sunnyside Newsletter so you can keep up to date with what’s happening here at Sunnyside.
Subscribe to Sunnyside Newsletter