Friday 30th September – Sunday 2nd October 2022
We are delighted that our much postponed weekend away will now be happening this autumn. It will be a wonderful opportunity to spend time with our friends from Sunnyside and to get to know new people.
What will happen at our weekend away?
- Fun, games and laughter
- Time to get to know others
- Thought provoking talks and discussion
- Worship and bible teaching
- A separate children’s programme
- Time for quiet prayer and reflection
- Beautiful grounds and play spaces for children
- Fellowship, food and drink
- Opportunity for spiritual direction
- Saturday afternoon activities or free time
Who will be our speaker?
Canon Dr Adrian Chatfield will be joining us for our weekend away. Adrian was the speaker at our Weekend Away at Home in 2021. We found his talks encouraging and helpful and enjoyed his stories. This time, Adrian will be helping us think more about our church vision to make Jesus known.
Adrian was born in the West Indies, and spent 7 of his growing years in Brazil. He has worked as a parish priest and theological educator in Trinidad, England and South Africa. Happily married with two children and four granddaughters, he spends his retirement running, reading, taking photographs and offering spiritual direction, while remaining endlessly curious about God’s creation and amazing grace.
Mini programme so you can see the exciting things we have planned
Some FAQs to provide more information for you