To help us all feel more connected to our mission partners and to deepen interest and support beyond our Gift Day donations, we are starting praying for one of our international charities and one of our UK based ones each month. At the beginning of the month, there will be a few prayer points for each of them in the newsletter and the two charities will be prayed for at our Sunday and Wednesday services and in our regular prayer meetings We hope too that you will include these charities in your personal prayers throughout the month too.
During July we are praying for:
Meider Jonno Asha (Hope for girls) Bangladesh
Meider Jonno Asha is working to help some of the marginalised girls, to bring new hope through education and training opportunities to make the girls feel valued, purposeful and to give them a voice to change their society.
Please continue to pray for the Meider Jonno Asha, keeping in mind:
- protection from Coronavirus and provision of more vaccines
- their education to continue despite lockdowns
- provision of food for the girls and those they support in the slums
Dacorum Street Pastors “the Church on the streets”
A multi church initiative in Hemel Hempstead and Berkhamsted to be a visible presence of peace, kindness and Christ’s love on the streets offering help and reassurance to anyone who has need.
Please continue to pray for the Dacorum Street Pastors, keeping in mind:
- safety as teams resume going out at night
- wisdom in conversations
- a new trustee to come forward who can focus on fundraising
- financial support from the “urban trinity” (local authority, police and churches)