On Sunday afternoon (28th Nov) Berkhamsted Festival of Light will take place on the High Street from 3.30pm – 6pm.
We are delighted again to have an opportunity to take Messy Church out on to the High Street at this event. We will be offering crafts, chatting to folk and generally having lots of fun! We even have a newly designed Nativity Photo Booth for families to engage with too.
We will need a team of people to make this happen and these are some of the ways you might be able to help:
- Could you come to the High Street at 2pm to help with setting up gazebos, tables, chairs etc?
- We need some camping lanterns tp provide some light. Do you have some in your loft or garages we could borrow for the afternoon?
- Could you supervise crafts and chat with children and families?
- Could you come and hand out Messy Church, Messy Babies and FYC postcards and generally chat with folk and answer any questions they may have about what we’re doing.
- And finally and most importantly, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. Pray for safety, good conversations, fun and joy for the afternoon. Luke will also be running a stall with other youth workers in the town so do pray for them too as they hand out hot chocolate and connect with young people.
Please contact Sharon if you can help with any of these requests. This is an exciting and amazing opportunity, Do get involved in whatever way you are able.