In March we will be praying for Heidi Longworth and Age UK Dacorum
Heidi Longworth first came to Sunnyside from the London School of Theology on placement in 2000 and was appointed as our Music and Worship Director the following year, having newly graduated. She performed this role with much skill and enthusiasm for the next ten years, encouraging many others to participate musically in our worship, as well as teaching music too. However, in April 2010, after a couple of visits to Romania, God called her to a fresh ministry in Hunedoara, where she worked for the next decade. She returned to her home in Crewe in the summer of 2020 and is currently studying for a 3 year part-time Masters Degree in Transformational Leadership at All Nations College.
For those of you, who would like to know more of Heidi’s history with Sunnyside and Romania, here are two links to a recorded talk which Heidi gave back in April last year.
- Please pray for Heidi’s health. She has had a number of problems over the last couple of months, whilst none were terribly serious, they have had a significant impact on her energy levels and on her studies too.
- Give thanks for all the learning Heidi is doing for her MA in leadership and mission. She is currently working on her dissertation proposal. She is hoping to do most of her primary research in Romania which will be working towards a strategy for developing lay leaders in the Church there. Pray for all her plans surrounding that and that it will be possible to make trips back to Romania to do the research.
- Pray for wisdom for Heidi as she continues to seek God for direction for the future after finishing her MA in Summer 2023, and that God would make it clear where He wants her and what His plans are for her.
Age UK Dacorum are a local independent charity aiming to promote the well being of all older people, helping make later life fulfilling and enjoyable. They support over 1000 people a year. Please pray for:
- the older people in our Parish that they may feel valuable and connected to others
- the right venues would be made available for activities
- volunteers and fundraising efforts