This week we are excited to be able to welcome people into the church building for the 10.30 service so you can now choose to worship with us in person or online from the comfort of your homes. There will also be Holy Communion at 9am for those who wish to come to the church building. We will be continuing our new sermon series on the book of Acts by thinking about the importance of teaching for a flourishing church.
If you have not yet been to Sunnyside Church since the lockdown, this is what to expect:
- You will be met at the porch door by someone who will take your name (and a telephone number if you are a visitor). This information will be kept for 21 days and given to the Government if it is needed for Track and Trace. This information will not be used for any other reason. Alternatively you can scan the QR code with your smartphone.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser as you enter the church.
- Government advice is to wear a face covering in places of public worship so please put on a face covering as you enter Sunnyside (unless you are exempt).
- You will then need to find a seat and must only sit with people from your household. The chairs have been arranged to allow social distancing which means that the church looks rather strange. Please sit in chairs with a yellow sticker at the 9am service and a blue sticker at the 10.30 service. This is to save us having to clean the chairs between the services.
- We cannot use the pew Bibles because of the risk of infection so do bring your own Bible if you would like to. The order of service will be on a powerpoint.
- We are not allowed to have congregational singing at present but we will be able to listen to music at both services.
- We will not be handing round the collection plates or using the tokens. There will be a plate by the entrance for you to use if you wish. The service leader will take this up and pray God’s blessing on the contents and the money given directly from our bank accounts.
- At the end of the service, you will be invited to leave via the lobby door as we need to create a one way system. Please use hand sanitiser provided on the way out.
- The accessible loo in the Lobby will be available if needed.
For those worshipping from home, here is the link to our online service which starts at 10.30am with chat from 10.15.