The Leprosy Mission
The Leprosy Mission is a global Christian organisation founded in prayer over 145 years ago and leads the fight against leprosy seeking to bring about transformation; breaking the chains of leprosy and empowering people to attain healing, dignity and life in all its fullness. Please pray for:
- protection for staff working in areas with high COVID infection rates. Sadly several have died.
- protection for leprosy patients whose immune systems are lowered by the disease
- research aimed to detect leprosy more quickly and so prevent disability
Home-Start supports families who are finding it difficult to cope with the stresses of bringing up a young family. Trained volunteers visit and support families. Please can we pray for:
- all the volunteers that they would be skillful and compassionate listeners and for more volunteers to come forward for training
- for the parents of young children who are in need particularly after this very difficult time , that they would be helpedthat daily transport and training services continue to be safe and of highest standard
- give thanks for all staff and volunteers and for the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service recently received.